Recipe - Beer enhanced Pheasant soup, salad & dessert
Beer Pheasant soup, salad and dessert
Shock Top Citrus Vinaigrette dressing – Yield about 1 pint
1/4 cup Orange Juice Concentrate
4 Tbsp. Orange Marmalade
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Olive Oil
8 oz. Shock Top Beer
1/2 Clove Garlic, fine diced
2 tsp. Shallots, fine dice
2 tsp. Chives, fine chop
1 tsp. Tarragon, fine chop
Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients together and whisk or mix well. Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve over field greens or romaine.
PRODUCT NAME: Crock Pot Jalepeno Pheasant Soup with Creamy Lager
PAN SIZE: Large saucepan
6 servings, 8 fl. oz per serving
COOKING & PREP TIME: 2 hours, plus crock pot time
2 Tbsp Butter
3 ea Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/2 ea Onion, small dice
1 ea Carrot, peeled & grated
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp A.P. Flour
2 bottles Budweiser
6 fl oz. Half & Half
2 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
One Pheasant, add one half cup of water, bake in oven at 350 degrees for one hour, or put in crock pot on low, with 1 cup water; 4-8 hours. Longer cooking times are preferred.
1. In a separate pan on the stove, melt butter and sauté jalapeno, onion, and carrot until the vegetables are soft, season with salt & pepper.
2. Sprinkle in flour and continue stirring, cook for about 3 minutes.
Note: You can use Habeneros or add more jalapenos to make it hotter, always take seeds out.
3. Add beer to the mixture above, whisking while adding beer. Take the entire pheasant out of the crock pot or oven, put carcass, bones and all, into your soup pan. Pour mixture onto cooked pheasant. Everything is now in your soup pan.
4. Place pan on stove top, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cook for 30 minutes.
5. Pull pheasant out of the mixture, pull meat off the bone, cut into pieces no larger than 1/2", always cut against the grain of the meat. Discard carcass and bones.
6. Strain liquid into a large saucepan. Puree solids to smooth puree in food processor. Return puree to the liquid in the large saucepan (the soup). Add the cut up pheasant meat, Optionally, puree the pheasant meat.
6. Add half & half and heat until hot again. Adjust seasoning as needed.
7. To serve, ladle soup into cup, top with cheese and cilantro
PRODUCT NAME: Amber Bock Crème Brulee dessert
PAN SIZE: Saucepan
TEMPERATURE: 325 F oven
6 portions, 4 fl. oz each
COOKING & PREP TIME: 1.5 hours
12 fl ounces Michelob Amber Bock Beer
6 Egg yolks
6 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 Vanilla Bean
1 & 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
6 tsp Sugar
1. In small saucepan, reduce beer to 2 Tbsp.
2. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar.
3. Scrape out vanilla bean seeds and add to cream.
4. Bring cream to simmer with vanilla bean. Temper into egg yolk mixture. Add reduced beer and chill.
5. Divide into shallow white dishes. Bake in 325 F oven, in water bath for about 45-60 minutes.
7. Two hours before service: Preheat Broiler. Sprinkle 1 tsp sugar on top of each custard. Place dishes on small baking sheet. Broil until sugar just starts to caramelize, rotating sheet as needed, about 2 minutes. Or brulee with blow torch. Chill until caramelized sugar hardens, about 2 hours.